RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year 2014
Can competitions get much bigger than this? Each year the RHS searches for the best floristry talent in the UK with the help of the BFA. Enter one of the many Regional Heats to be in with a chance to stage your piece in the Chelsea final.
HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
The Royal Horticultural Society is pleased to announce the RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year competition for 2014, in association with the British Florist Association. This competition is to be held at the world's most famous flower show in Chelsea and showcases the very best in professional retail floristry. The competition will take place within the floristry section at the 2014 RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The two categories are:
- The RHS Young Chelsea Florist of the Year : (ages between 16 - 25 years)
- The RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year : (ages 26 and over)
In order to qualify the competition is open to:
- Any florist working in or owning a retail florist shop
- Students or tutors at an approved floristry school or recognised college
- Freelance florists who are VAT registered. Please note that RHS entry criteria does preclude freelance florists who are not VAT registered.
- NEW for 2014 - Freelance florists who are registered with their local authority for business rates on their studio/workshop. Please note that RHS entry criteria does preclude freelance florists who are not registered for business rates with their local authority.
The number of entries are being monitored at each venue. For each scheduled heat (as displayed above) to run there is a minimum number of entries required. If there are insufficient entries registered and we cancel the meeting we will notify all existing competitors 2 weeks prior to the meeting and give them the option to move to a different venue in their area or cancel their registration. Due to some venues being larger than others there will be a cap on the maximum number of entries in the smaller venues. If you are trying to register for your chosen heat but the ticket option displays SOLD OUT this indicates that the category of entries at this heat is fully booked. We strongly recommend early booking for the heat in your area to avoid disappointment!
The next round of regional heats will commence in September 2013. To view the complete list of venues and to register please visit our tickets page.
RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year Heat Schedule 2013/2014
Create and Design a floral collar for a guest to wear at the ‘Woodland Trust‘ dinner dance.
Definition: - A floral collar is a detachable item, comprising of a wide decorative band of flower and plant material and accessories, which sits around the neckline of the wearer.
At least two thirds of the finished design must be fresh flower and/or plant material.
The fresh flower and/or plant material must be visually dominant
The judges are looking for a high standard in Design and Technique
Competitors that register for one of the Regional Heats will need to adhere to the competition Rules & Regulations.