RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year 2016
Can competitions get much bigger than this? Each year the RHS searches for the best floristry talent in the UK with the help of the BFA. Enter one of the Regional Heats to be in with a chance to stage your piece in the Chelsea final.
HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
The Royal Horticultural Society is pleased to announce the RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year competition for 2016, in association with the British Florist Association. This competition is to be held at the world's most famous flower show in Chelsea and showcases the very best in professional retail floristry. The competition will take place within the floristry section at the 2016 RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The two categories are:
- The RHS Young Chelsea Florist of the Year : (ages between 16 - 25 years)
- The RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year : (ages 26 and over)
In order to qualify the competition is open to:
- Any florist working in or owning a retail florist shop
- Students or tutors at an approved floristry school or recognised college
- Freelance florists who are VAT registered. Please note that RHS entry criteria does preclude freelance florists who are not VAT registered.
- Freelance florists who are registered with their local authority for business rates on their studio/workshop. Please note that RHS entry criteria does preclude freelance florists who are not registered for business rates with their local authority.
- Members of the Institute of Professional Florists (IoPF)
The number of entries are being monitored at each venue. For each scheduled heat (as displayed above) to run there is a minimum number of entries required. If there are insufficient entries registered and we cancel the meeting we will notify all existing competitors 2 weeks prior to the meeting and give them the option to move to a different venue in their area or cancel their registration. Due to some venues being larger than others there will be a cap on the maximum number of entries in the smaller venues. If you are trying to register for your chosen heat but the ticket option displays SOLD OUT this indicates that the category of entries at this heat is fully booked. We strongly recommend early booking for the heat in your area to avoid disappointment!
The next round of regional heats will commence in November 2015 and run until March 2016.
- Sunday 15th November 2015, City of Bath College, Bath
- Sunday 6th December 2015, Excelsior Wholesale, Tamoworth, Birmingham
- Thursday (evening) 21st January 2016, Holiday Inn, Harrogate
- Sunday 24th January 2016, Flowervision London, Stanwell Moor
- Wednesday 24th February 2016, Greenmount College, CAFRE, Ireland
- Sunday 31st March 2016, Country Baskets, Glasgow, Scotland.
RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year Heat Schedule 2016
Create a Bridal Bouquet to be held by the Bride getting married on a beach.
The contestant must supply the stand/prop on which the design will be displayed.
The stand/prop on which the design is displayed will not be considered in the final score.
The judge’s will need to handle the design for judging purposes.
The design is to be staged on an open table. There is no restriction on size or height.
At least two thirds of the finished design must be fresh flower /foliage and/or plant material.
The Judges will be looking for a high standard of design and technical skill.
The definition of Bridal Bouquet can be found in the Professional Floristry Manual
The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Competitors registering for one of the Regional Heats will need to bring their completed piece to the meeting. At the meeting they will be given 30 minutes to stage their piece and prepare it for judging. Competitors registering for a meeting will need to adhere to the competition Rules & Regulations.