The National Lonely Bouquet Day will take place on Sunday the 26th of June. The ultimate goal of this initiative is very simple, florists and flower lovers all around the world dedicate one day a year to making strangers happy. The method chosen to achieve this goal is… flowers!
What began as a simple idea to spread the joy of flowers throughout our local countryside has blossomed into an initiative that florists and flower lovers throughout the world have embraced. After-all, the beauty of flowers knows no boundaries… it can’t be confined to just one country.
The basic concept of the Lonely Bouquet goes a little something like this:
1. Our florists with gather a small selection of flowers together.
2. The flowers will be arranged into a bunch, bouquet or arrangement
3. A message will be added to the bouquet something along the lines of - Adopt me please, I'm looking for a new home. Perhaps I can live with you or a loved one? Please take me. Our flower friends would love to hear from us and find out where we ended up please let them know at www.facebook.com/thelonelybouquet
4. The arrangement will be left for a lucky local to take home.
5. Voila! The flowers will be found and will surely put a smile on a stranger’s face.
6. The greatest stories are told on facebook - messages of enjoyment that's been spread.
So if you head out on Sunday watch out for lonely flowers that are in need of a good home. We hope you are lucky enough to find one - if you do please tell the story of how you adopted the bouquet and where they ended up.
Perhaps you won't find a bouquet but we do hope that knowing Sunday is 'The Lonely Bouquet' Day might put a smile on your face anyway.
You might also enjoy reading Flowers are good for you - and we now have the scientific proof
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form