Why you should enter?
Previous studies have shown that winning an industry award impacts positively on a business and employees. Winning will give you widespread publicity and the respect of those in the same industry as you. Just being on the shortlist alone gives a well earned boost to everyone around you including staff and family and shows your customers and suppliers that you are serious player in the industry.
Please read these terms and conditions of entry carefully before you start. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
By entering the BFA Industry awards , you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
Entry to the Industry Awards is open to:
- Any florist working in or owning a retail / studio/ event florist business
- Students or tutors at an approved floristry school or recognised college
- Members of the Institute of Professional Florists (membership must be current with an expiry date of June 2022 or later)
- Any business that is registered or recognised as a supplier, service provider, wholesaler or company related to the florist industry.
- Entry to only one criteria per company.
2. You can nominate as many companies or individuals as you wish.
3. You will only be able to cast your nominations once.
4. All nominations received will be verified before they make it to the 2021 Shortlist.
5. Nominations received that have been placed in the wrong category or those that do not meet the category criteria will be removed. Those that have been nominated for more than one category will be contacted. No changes of category will be allowed once the shortlist has been announced.
6. All those entering the Industry awards and failing to produce any of the mentioned documentation will not have their entry judged. Those nominated but not sent the criteria and documentation requested will forfeit the right to compete with their entry disregarded.
7, Those entering the final but not completing the criteria requested, the place will be allocated to the next person with the highest scoring votes or marks.
8. Any nominee that is found to have provided false information on their documentation forms for the BFA Industry award will be removed from the awards.
9. The details provided by the florist on the word document questionnaire for Retail and Website categories are not able to be amended after documentation has been received after the cut off time and date. Once the questionnaire and other criteria has been completed by the florist, the information will apply for the entire awards cycle. i.e. The florist is not able to amend their details or change their employment during the current selection process.
10. In the event of a florist who has been placed in the final but circumstances have changed relating to their workplace, consideration will be given by the Industry Award panel as to whether they are still eligible to partake. The finalist MUST apply in writing (via email) to the BFA to email@example.com to advise in a change of circumstances in order that a decision can be made
11. In order for a student to enter the awards they will be required to provide their enrolment documentation for inspection.
12. Floristry tutors that wish to enter the awards under the name of the college at which they teach will be required to be a member of the Institute of Professional Florists.
13. For categories with a BFA membership criteria must have an expiry date of October 2021 and beyond.
14. Each finalist will be presented with a certificate. First, Second and Third placements in each category will be presented with a winner’s certificate.
15. The running of the BFA Industry awards is the responsibility of the BFA .
16. If the BFA decides to cancel the awards all entries will be notified no later than one week prior to the awards dinner.
17. All documentation collated for the awards will be retained by the British Florist Association and deleted after 6 months under the rules of GDPR.
18. All nominations will be verified by an independent panel.
19. All nominees must make themselves and their entries available, as required by the BFA, for media purposes.
20. It is your responsibility to check closing dates for nominations and voting.
21. The questionnaires will be marked by a panel. Their decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the results.
22. The criteria and votes will be collated by the BFA and moderator and the decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Aggression or abuse* from competitors directed towards BFA staff or directors will not be tolerated. Nominees found displaying aggressive or abusive behaviour, online or otherwise, will be removed from the awards with immediate effect and banned from entering any future Industry Awards or events organised by the BFA.
24. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not partake in the BFA Industry Awards.
PLEASE READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA AND DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. CLICK HERE
Categories of the awards
1, IoPF Floristry Student of the Year – This category is open to all students who are currently studying a recognised qualification in floristry at a college/university or in a work-based apprenticeship. This category is open to students who are IoPF Members.
2, Floristry Tutor of the Year – This is open to all floristry tutors (full or part time) who teach a formal qualification in floristry with accreditation recognised by industry. The workplace or the Tutor must be BFA or IoPF Members.
3, Floristry Training Provider of the Year – This is open to all training providers who deliver City & Guilds/ BTEC or University qualifications recognised by the Industry. This can be done in purpose built premises ( i.e. College) or through work based learning (i.e Apprenticeship) All Training Providers must be a member of the BFA.
4, Grower of the Year – This category is open to both cut flower and/or plant growers supplying the Florist Industry. Growers can be based in the UK or abroad. The BFA will verify the nominations and view the grower’s website, social media pages, etc. The BFA may request further information from the grower if necessary. Corporate members only can make use of the BFA membership logo on marketing material, website etc..
5, National Flower Sender of the Year – This award is open to any Flower Sending Network. Entrants need to be a BFA Corporate Member.
6, Floristry Service Provider of the Year – This category is open to any business providing a service to the Industry, excluding fresh floral products and flower sending network.
7, Sundries Supplier of the Year – This category is open to all trade sundry suppliers to the industry who have local and/or national coverage.
8, Flower Supplier of the Year – This category is open to trade flower suppliers to the industry, who do not have a UK base cash & carry premises.
9, Local Flower Wholesaler of the Year – This category is open to all independent or individual franchise wholesalers with a UK base supplying florists from a cash & carry premises.
10, Florist Website of the Year – This award is to recognise excellent online presence and performance.
Entrants need to be either BFA and/or IoPF Members.
All websites must contain a full postal address contact details. The BFA and/or IoPF Members logo with a backlink to the BFA website home page must also be present. A questionnaire sent via email must also be completed.
11, Retail Florist Shop of the Year – For florists that offer exceptional customer service and use the highest quality flowers and exceptional skilled florists. The BFA will verify the nominations and the judging criteria has been set for those who meet the exacting standards required. Pictorial evidence of retail shop, staff, designs and website will be required alongside the completed questionnaire. Within the photographic evidence, we must see the current BFA logo being displayed. Shops need to be a member of the BFA in order to be eligible for this category.
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
The BFA Industry awards committee reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations for the BFA Industry Awards at any time by amending this page.
We may update our website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website page may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
*Aggressive or abusive behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Language (whether verbal or written) that may cause staff to feel threatened or abused.
- May include threats, personal verbal abuse, derogatory remarks and rudeness.
- Inflammatory statements
- Remarks of a racial or discriminatory nature
- Unsubstantiated allegations