Why are the BFA Industry Awards so Important?
The BFA Industry Awards have established themselves as the place to be recognised within the Florist Industry. They celebrate excellence as companies and individuals are voted for by their clients to gain the coverted titles and awards.
The winners are announced and presented with their trophies and certificates at the sparkling Industry Awards & Gala Dinner at BFA FleurEx, the only Florist trade show in the UK each Autumn. Last year tickets to this event sold out in record time!
HOW THE VOTING WORKS!
- Nominations open – This is the time for companies across the UK to get their nominations in for the awards they’d like to win and vote for all the Suppliers, colleges, peers and colleagues that they want to see nominated!
- Nominations close, verifcation begins – The BFA verify all nominees.
- Shortlist announced – The BFA Announce all successful nominees that will then be included in the shortlist
- Voting Opens – Voting reopens this time to vote for the shortlist, this is the time for companies across the UK to get their clients to vote for them in the awards. The time when the industry selects their favoured industry champions, those they’d like to win the Suppliers, colleges, peers and colleagues awards!
- Voting Closes, verifcation begins – The BFA verify all votes.
- Finalists announced
- Winners announced at Gala Dinner
GOOD TO KNOW
To ensure the BFA Industry Awards are fair for everyone we ensure voters follow the points below:
- You can nominate as many companies or individuals as you wish.
- You will only be able to cast your nominations once.
- All nominations received will be verified before they make it to the Shortlist.
- Nominations received that have been placed in the wrong category or those that do not meet the category criteria will be removed.
- You are not able to nominate yourself or your own business/ website.
- Employees cannot nominate their place of work/ website.
- All nominations will be verified by an independent panel.
- categories have their own criteria andrules that must be met. These can be found with the details of the categories in the current years information.
Each year the BFA invites Florists and other industry professionals to Join the finalists and be the first to know the winners as they’re announced at a sparkling ceremony at the Industry Awards & Gala Dinner at BFA FleurEx, they are pleased to welcome you to the evening!
THE CATEGORIES ARE
The categories of the BFA Industry awards change to ensure the awards remain current and reflect the ever changing florist industry. Below are the categories for 2019
- IoPF Floristry Student of the Year
- Floristry Tutor of the Year
- Floristry Training Provider of the Year
- Grower of the Year
- Sundries Supplier of the Year
- Local Flower Wholesaler of the Year
- Flower Supplier of the Year
- Floristry Service Provider of the Year
- Florist Website of the Year
- Retail Florist Shop of the Year
We use Industry-leading software in the form of Survey Monkey to take nominations and votes. Survey Monkey have robust analytic tools that allow us to double check all the votes that have been placed. In previous years we have had almost 5,000 duplicate votes!! We take the voting process very seriously, If you have any queries regarding any of the process we’d be happy to answer your questions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org