Letters and form.
These documents are available for you to download. please insert your own details and follow all procedures when sending letters to your employers. To notify affected employees of this change, the following free templates are available to customise for your business use. These are:
Letter for employees Furlough Leave Agreement
Covid-19 Furlough Leave Agreement Form
- Your business will pay furloughed employees 80% of their salary.
- Employers can choose to fund the 20% difference between this payment and an employee’s salary, but do not have to.
- All national insurance and pension contributions will continue at the normal percentages.
- Employees will not be required to carry out their usual duties nor attend their place of work until further notice or until:
- The government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme ends.
- Either the company or the employee ceases to be eligible for funding under that scheme.
- The company decides to cancel Furlough Leave and bring the employee back to work.
- When the Furlough Leave ends, the agreement entitles businesses to place employees on short time or lay off without any pay except for statutory guarantee payments.
- Employees may not work for another organisation or on their own account.
Duration of Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- The first payments are expected to be made within weeks.
- The scheme will be backdated to the 1 March 2020.
- The scheme should be up and running before the end of April 2020.
- The scheme will run for a maximum of 3 months but may be extended if necessary.
To view the government’s COVID-19: support for businesses webpage please click here.
Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
If your business needs short term cash flow support, you may be eligible for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.