A riot of colour... that the tulip!
Tulips are sold by various attributes, including by the weight of the stem, as well as variety, colour, and length
Did you know..?. Cultivation of the tulip began in Persia, in the 10th century.
Black, Brown/Terracotta, Cream/Ivory, Orange, Peach/Apricot, Pink, Purple/Lilac, Red, White, Yellow
Tulipa (pronounced TEW-li-pa)
Liliaceae (pronounced lil-ee-AY-see-ee)
Eurasian and North African.
Tulip Care Tips
- Ensure the vase or container is clean
- Add the correct cut flower food to clean water
- Remove all leaves from the stems that will go into the water
- Cut off approx. 2cm of the stem at an angle with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Don't place your flowers near heat sources, in sunlight, or draught
- Avoid putting your flowers near fruit, as ethylene gas is naturally released from fruit that ages &
- Change or top up the water, your local professional florist will be happy to sell you cut flower foo