CLICK HERE TO VOTE
We are pleased to announce the BFA Industry Awards for 2020. In these unusual circumstances we need something to lift our spirits, so why not put some thinking time to the BFA Industry Awards. As we monitor the Covid-19 situation we may find this years awards to be virtual, however we will cross our fingers for a Grand Gala dinner at FleurEx or even a small gathering of finalists. Whichever it is, there are no excuses for celebrating our Industry.
The categories of the BFA Industry awards change to ensure the awards remain current and reflect the ever changing florist industry. Below are the categories for 2020
- IoPF Floristry Student of the Year
- Floristry Tutor of the Year
- Floristry Training Provider of the Year
- Grower of the Year
- National Flower Sender of the Year
- Floristry Service Provider of the Year
- Sundries Supplier of the Year
- Flower Supplier of the Year
- Local Flower Wholesaler of the Year
- Florist Website of the Year
- Retail Florist Shop of the Year
How the voting works
- Nominations Open – This is the time to put forward the names and contacts of your favourite suppliers, college, tutors, shops, websites and growers.
- Voting Opens – Voting for the shortlisted nominations opens, this is the time for companies and individuals across the UK to get everyone voting.
- Voting Closes, verification begins – The BFA and independent adjudicators verify all votes.
- Finalists announced if you haven’t yet booked your Gala Dinner ticket now is the time!
- Winners announced at Gala Dinner
Dates for the 2020 Awards
• 18th May – Nominations open • 22nd June – Nominations close, verification begins • 22nd July – Shortlist announced & Voting Opens • 22nd September – Voting Closes • 8th October - Finalists announced • 24th October – Winners announced
- Please note the points below:
- You are able to enter multiple entries.
- You can nominate as many companies or individuals as you wish.
- You will only be able to cast your nominations once.
- All nominations received will be verified before they make it to the 2020 Shortlist.
- Nominations received that have been placed in the wrong category or those that do not meet the category criteria will be removed.
- You are NOT able to nominate yourself or your own business/ website.
- Employees CANNOT nominate their place of work/ website.
- All nominations will be verified by an independent panel.
- Check closing dates for nominations and voting.
IoPF Floristry Student of the Year – This category is open to all students who are currently studying a recognised qualification in floristry at a college/university or in a work-based apprenticeship. This category is open to students who are IoPF Members.
Floristry Tutor of the Year – This is open to all floristry tutors (full or part time) who teach a formal qualification in floristry with accreditation recognised by industry. The workplace or the Tutor must be BFA or IoPF Members.
Floristry Training Provider of the Year – This is open to all training providers who deliver City & Guilds/ BTEC or University qualifications recognised by the Industry. This can be done in purpose built premises ( i.e. College) or through work based learning (i.e Apprenticeship) All Training Providers must be a member of the BFA.
Grower of the Year – This category is open to both cut flower and/or plant growers supplying the Florist Industry. Growers can be based in the UK or abroad.The BFA will verify the nominations and view the grower’s website, social media pages, etc. The BFA may request further information from the grower if necessary. Corporate members only can make use of the BFA membership logo on marketing material, website etc..
National Flower Sender of the Year – This award is open to any Flower Sending Network. Entrants need to be a BFA Corporate Member.
Floristry Service Provider of the Year – This category is open to any business providing a service to the Industry, excluding fresh floral products and flower sending network.
Sundries Supplier of the Year – This category is open to all trade sundry suppliers to the industry who have local and/or national coverage.
Flower Supplier of the Year – This category is open to trade flower suppliers to the industry, who do not have a UK base cash & carry premises.
Local Flower Wholesaler of the Year – This category is open to all independent or individual franchise wholesalers with a UK base supplying florists from a cash & carry premises.
Florist Website of the Year – This award is to recognise excellent online presence and performance.
Entrants need to be either BFA and/or IoPF Members.
All websites must contain an online shop and full postal address contact details. The BFA and/or IoPF Members logo with a backlink to the BFA Consumer site must also be present.
Retail Florist Shop of the Year – For florists that offer exceptional customer service and use the highest quality flowers and exceptional skilled florists. The BFA will verify the nominations and the judging criteria has been set for those who meet the exacting standards required. Pictorial evidence of retail shop, staff, designs and website will be required. Within the photographic evidence, we must see the current BFA logo being displayed. Shops need to be a member of the BFA in order to be eligible for this category.