Interflora’s prestigious Florist of the Year competition opened late last year, with photographic heats running from November 2021 – January 2022. Those heats have now been judged and we’re delighted to announce the names of the ten super-talented semi-finalists.
- Charlotte Davies from Hilary’s Floral Design, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire
- Helen Pannitt from Helen James Flowers, Harrogate, Yorkshire
- Rebecca Hough from Rebecca Hough Floral Design, Peterlee, Durham
- Caroline Crabb from Fleurtations, Bodmin, Cornwall
- Elizabeth Newcombe from The Botanical Company, Bramley, Surrey
- Dean Sharpe from Dean Sharpe’s Floral Studio, Stafford, Staffordshire
- Tracey Griffin from Sandra’s Florist, Southampton, Hampshire
- Hannah Beckley – Level 4 student at Moreton Morrell College, Worcestershire
- Victoria Clemson from Rotherhithe, London
- Jill Winton from Plantology, Sheffield
These ten top-scoring competitors will now take part in a live semi-final on 24th April in the glorious surroundings of RHS Bridgewater in Manchester. The top five from the semi-final will then go forward to the live final of Florist of the Year on 3rd July, also at RHS Bridgewater.
The newly crowned Interflora Florist of the Year will represent the UK and Ireland in the Interflora World Cup in Manchester in September 2023.
Sarah Hills-Ingyon, Chair of the UK Floristry Judges Guild said “I would like to personally congratulate each and every entrant. Competing is not all about winning but is also about participating, gaining experience, and challenging oneself. Experience gained from entering the Interflora heats is invaluable and will help competitors further develop new skills and techniques”.
At the BFA we are delighted that over half the top ten finalists are our members and we wish this fantastic line up all the best. Members or not this top 10 will certainly challenge one another and we are sure you’ll all have the best time together. Good Luck to all!