At the BFA we are mindful of the rumours and disjointed information. Here is bullet point advice, short and practical news including latest updates from the Dutch Embassy and Royal Flora Holland.
At all times we are here to help whenever we can with factual information and general support.
- Wholesalers- Business as usual. Flowers arriving from Holland , Africa and already here from Kenya.
- Dutch Embassy updates can be found on : https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19
- Listen to your wholesaler but most of all use your experience.
- Leave hand sanitises on your work bench for yourself and staff.
- Leave another for your customers to use.
- Wipe down your computer software with soapy water and clean cloths. Don’t use disinfectant. Same for mobile phones, card machines and tills.
- Use your social media at this crucial time explaining your delivery services.
- Give drivers gloves to wear and hand sanitisers .
- Photo the floral product if left on the doorstep when you can’t get a signature.
- Ask the customer if they would prefer a ‘safe place to leave’ the product.
- Be careful what you say to journalists and newspapers. Negative comments will be jumped on!
- Be kind to your competitors , we all need each other.
- Be mindful of customers feelings. Stress levels work in different ways.
- Read your emails !
- Follow the guidance provided by the World Health Organisation and the British government.
For further information on Statutory sick pay, Time to pay, COSH and support from the coronavirus from Goverment go to https://www.britishfloristassociation.org/for-the-industry/industry-news/coronavirus-update-from-bfa/