Myerscough College and University Centre celebrated its Floral Design Silver Jubilee in 2012, having been at the forefront of floristry teaching for more than 25 years.
It is regarded as one of the leading colleges in the country for floristry provision, winning three prestigious industry associated at the BFA Industry Awards.
We have some of the most advanced design studio facilities in the country, having invested more than £250,000 in modern creative work studios.
We are also proud of having launched one of the first Honours Degree programmes in the country, specifically dedicated to Floral Design.
The courses are highly creative, taught by our well qualified and experienced floristry team. They equip students with the range of academic knowledge, design theory and practical skills required for successful careers in the industry.
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Creative Design City and Guilds
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma (540)
- Foundation Degree Professional Floristry and Floral Design (Full-time, Part-time and Online)
- BA (Hons) top up Professional Floristry and Floral Design
Detailed factsheets about each course, including specific course modules, can be found via our website at www.myerscough.ac.uk.
APPRENTICESHIPS IN FLORISTRY
If you decide that you don’t want to attend College fulltime but would prefer tor receive an income and gain a qualification whilst at work then Myerscough is one of the largest providers of specialist work-based training and Apprenticeships.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Floristry
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Floristry
If full-time study doesn’t suit your lifestyle, work commitments, or personal circumstances, the college have a range of short courses and workshops available. Dates, times and prices can all be found on the website.
FEES AND FINANCE
Our Student Finance Team is always available to provide information and guidance on every aspect of student finance – from bursaries and support packages to course fees and loans.
For further details about funding contact Student Finance on 01995 642398.
- Five floral design studios equipped with stainless steel custom made workbenches, flower food dosing units, sinks, display units, state of the art photography areas in all rooms to aid portfolio design, visual aid equipment
- Experienced professional floristry tutors (ICSF, NDSF and BA (Hons) holders)
- Photography studio and dark room
- Walk in cold store
- Dedicated foliage borders
- Comprehensive range of teaching equipment and accessories
- A commercial pop-up shop and plant centre
- Exciting range of visiting guest speakers, design workshops and master classes
EXTRA CURRICULAR & ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
Students are actively encouraged to attend and take part in events and competitions during their courses – both in this country and abroad. As part of the programme there will be several visits which students attend to complement and underpin the development of their knowledge of British and international design.
These have included
- BFA Fleurex
- Holland study tour
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- Southport Flower Show
- Harrogate Flower Show
- RHS Tatton Park Flower Show
Students also benefit from a series of demonstrations and workshop events at College, which have featured renowned European and international master designers such as Per Benjamin, Hans Haverkamp, Tomas De Bruyne, Max van de Sluis, Damien Koh, Pim van den Akker and Marie Françoise Déprez.
Telephone number: 01995 642222
Message address: Click on contact page to message the college
St Michael’s Road
Preston, PR3 0RY
Please note that the information provided was accurate at the date of publication. However, courses are continually being modified and information is therefore subject to change, please see the college website for the latest information.